- WHAT PLATFORM WILL THE NATIONALS BE PLAYED ON?
All matches will be played on PC.
- DO I NEED A COPY OF THE GAME TO PARTICIPATE?
Yes, all competitors require a copy of Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six: Siege.
- DO ALL MY TEAMMATES NEED TO REGISTER OR ONLY THE TEAM CAPTAIN?
Yes, each team member will be required to register on Battlefy.com.
- WHEN DOES REGISTRATION CLOSE FOR EACH OPEN QUALIFIER?
Registration closes on the following dates for each round:
• Stage 1, Open Qualifiers #1: June 27th
• Stage 1, Open Qualifiers #2: July 4th
• Stage 2, Open Qualifiers #1: September 5th
• Stage 2, Open Qualifiers #2: September 12th
- ARE THERE ANY AGE RESTRICTIONS?
All participants of Rainbow Six: Siege Canada Nationals must be over 18 years of age. If an underage person will take part in the games his account will be banned and his whole team will be disqualified from the Season.
- DO I HAVE TO BE CANADIAN TO COMPETE?
Players must be considered legal residents of Canada at all times of competition in order to be eligible to compete. Meaning players must either have Canadian citizenship or permanent residency or valid visa status. Tourist visas do not grant eligibility. Canadians living in the US can play in our tournament if they can prove Canadian citizenship.
- HOW MANY PLAYERS CAN BE ON A REGISTERED TEAM?
The team roster most have a minimum of five players but can hold any number of players as long as they have legal Canadian residency or a valid student, work, or athlete visa and are currently living and playing in Canada, at least eighteen (18) years of age, and are not listed on any other roster.
- WHEN ARE THE OPEN QUALIFIERS?
Stage 01 open qualifiers will take place on June 29 & 30, July 6 & 7. Stage 02 open qualifiers will take place on September 7 & 8, September 14 & 15. NOTE: All open qualifier matches will not be streams or casted.
- WHAT MATCHES WILL BE STREAMED?
All quarter finals, semi-finals and grand finals matches will be streamed and casted.
- WHEN CAN YOU WATCH THE STREAMED MATCHES?
July 6 @ 7pm EST – Stage 1 WK1 BROADCAST – Quarter Finals - Top 3 from first open qualifier matches
July 13 @ 7pm EST – Stage 1 WK2 BROADCAST – Quarter Finals - Top 4 from second open qualifier matches
July 20 @ 7pm EST – Stage 1 WK3 BROADCAST – Semi-Finals - Top 2 from WK1 Quarter final matches
July 27 @ 7pm EST – Stage 1 WK4 BROADCAST – Semi-Finals - Top 2 from WK2 Quarter final matches
September 14 @ 7pm EST – Stage 2 WK1 BROADCAST – Quarter Finals - Top 4 from first open qualifier matches
September 21 @ 7pm EST – Stage 2 WK2 BRAODCAST – Quarter Finals - Top 4 from second open qualifier matches
September 28 @ 7pm EST – Stage 2 WK3 BROADCAST – Semi-Finals - Top 2 from WK1 Quarter final matches
October 5 @ 7pm EST – Stage 2 WK4 BROADCAST – Semi-Finals - Top 2 from WK2 Quarter final matches
October 19 – Grand Finals – Top 2 from S1 and Top 2 from S2
ON WHAT CHANNELS CAN I WATCH THE CANADA NATIONALS?
- WHAT IS THE FORMAT FOR EACH ROUND?
Open qualifiers and quarter final rounds will be a best of 1 format. If the best of 1, results in a tie (6-6), overtime will occur. A tie will be resolved when a team goes up by 2 rounds and will be declared the winner of the match.
Semi-final matches will be a best of 3 format and will follow the same tiebreaker rules as above.
Grand finals matches will be a best of 5 format and will follow the same tiebreaker rules as above.
- WHERE WILL THE GRAND FINALS TAKE PLACE?
The grand finals will take place at EGLX 2019 at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre in Toronto, ON.
- WHO SHOULD BE CONTACTED IF THERE ARE QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS?
For all inquiries please email [email protected] (will be a hyperlink)
- DO TEAMS NEED TO PROVIDE A TEAM LOGO TO COMPETE?
Logos are not required but for broadcast purposes, Ubisoft reserves the right to use pre-made assets to present team without logos or where none were provided.
- CAN TEAMS PLAY UNDER THEIR PRO LEAGUE OR CHALLENGER LEAGUE NAME?
Yes, as long as teams conform to all other requirements placed upon the team by the Canada Nationals rule set and no claim by the organization in Pro League or Challenger League is made against, using that name.
- CAN ONE ORGANIZATION HAVE MULTIPLE TEAMS COMPETING IN THE CANADA NATIONALS?
No. In line with Pro League, all organizations are only allowed to have one team competing in the Canada Nationals.
- HOW WILL MY TEAM BE ABLE TO COMMUNICATE WITH THE ORGANIZERS ONCE REGISTERED?
Teams will be able to communicate via Discord once registered. The specific Discord info will be provided via a confirmation email if a registered team has been approved to compete.
- WHAT IS THE PRIZE POOL BREAKDOWN
1st place - $10,000
2nd place - $3,000
3rd place - $1,500
4th place - $500